Quote of the day

In the rhythm of the needles

there is music for the soul.


Breiclub in Oostende : om de 2 weken de zaterdag van 10 u - 12.30 u in de bieb



maandag 31 januari 2011

love birds

I spent quite some time blogging around, all over the world.  It's great fun to read all the posts, and see the lovely projects somebody across the world has made.  That's how I ended up on freubelweb.  It's a dutch website with a lot of tutorials of little projects with felt, wool, fabrics, all fun to make.  I downloaded a lovely pattern of 'love birds' and had a go at stiching them together.  It was so easy and fun and well explained, I made a second one.  And a third.  and a fourth... 
I did change the filling : I put cherry pits in it, so that you can put it in the microwave and use it as a handwarmer.  I mixed the cherry stones with some left over lavender, so that they spread a lovely scent when warmed up. They can sort of sit up thanks to the weight of the pits.
You can put a little message in the front pocket, perhaps a love note for your beloved ?
I made 4, so I can send out many lovenotes....  
here they are...
Aren't we cute ?

I love you soooo much !

4 happy love birds

One day I'll fly away...
If you want to check out the patterns at freubelweb, there is a link on my blog.

2 opmerkingen:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...