Quote of the day

In the rhythm of the needles

there is music for the soul.


Breiclub in Oostende : om de 2 weken de zaterdag van 10 u - 12.30 u in de bieb



maandag 30 april 2012

Patchwork bag is ready.

I have spent this morning finishing a project that was waiting for just some little pieces.

Ready for some shopping !

I had made the patchwork this winter, and only needed to make a lining, add both together and stich on the handles. 
But there was always something that needed my attention. So, the little bag was dissapearing in the pile of UFO's...  
This afternoon I'm going shopping with my sister.  And that was just the incentive I needed to finish the bag.  You see, we are always proud to show eachother our work, and comment on it with a lot of waaws and OMG's.   

adding little flowers on the patchwork...

and some vintage buttons ...

some funky handles in green

that's the pattern I'm following

the lining : I added a little space to put my cell phone in
I didn't have the fabric for the lining.  But then we had a 'fashion swap' and Anita's trousers were just perfect for this bag....   Sometimes recycling just happens, when you don't expect it. And no euro's needed!

pattern comes from this gorgeous French book


A morning filled with creativity &needlework, is a morning well spent.


and the sun is finally shining !

3 opmerkingen:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...