Quote of the day

In the rhythm of the needles

there is music for the soul.


Breiclub in Oostende : om de 2 weken de zaterdag van 10 u - 12.30 u in de bieb



donderdag 26 april 2012

button bracelet

I have a big box filled to the brim with buttons.  A lot of them are really old, like in mother-of-pearl, or even in bakelite.  (before plastic was invented, many objects were made of bakelite - a chemical substance, invented by  Belgian professor Baekelant,  in 1909, I am proud to say...)

some buttons were gifts from my mother, some even from my grandmother.  some I buy at fleamarkets or in second hand stores. 

There is something irresistable about buttons :  the shapes, the colours, the sizes...
so, I am always on the lookout for nice things to do with all my buttons.

This is my latest experiment : a quick and easy bracelet.

a selection of buttons sewn on elastic band

It was fun choosing the colours

how do you photograph a bracelet ?

ok, just on my arm then...

1 opmerking:

  1. leuk dat je op mijn blog kwam!
    knopen, ik kan er nooit genoeg van krijgen. ze gewoon in een laatje of kommetje te zien is al een feest. jouw armbanden zijn heel bijzonder!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...