Quote of the day

In the rhythm of the needles

there is music for the soul.


Breiclub in Oostende : om de 2 weken de zaterdag van 10 u - 12.30 u in de bieb



zondag 24 juli 2011

some new summer dresses

The sun is supposed to shine, but instead it's a becoming a typical Belgian summer : gray and dull weather, rain, clouds, and temperatures not rising above 18°C.  Only the brave are on the beach, and fully clothed as well.   
To keep my spirits up, I have made some summer dresses, in flower power colours.  Sitting here, at my kitchen table, sewing and ironing, it feels like a winter holiday. 
Who or what do we have to offer to the sun goddess so that she will remember to shine on our little spot on this earth ?
Any suggestions ?

Here are the dresses, in different stages of completion.
I bought 2 patterns from burda

Love the fabric, makes me feel rock 'n roll

dress nr 1 is finished !

dress nr 2 is lined with cotton, I can wear it now.

I like the little bows at the top

cut on the biais - flattering for any girl !

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Lovely dresses! I hope you can wear them soon. Temperatures are very unusual for summertime here too. In the east of Austria it is normally very hot and dry at this time of the year. So I wish us all summerweather soon!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. een wollen trui zou beter passen hé voor 't moment, maar je blijft volhouden hé... zo de zon uitdagen ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hé dit zijn mooie jurken !
    Komaan Rozemie doe ze aan dan schijnt de zon en wordt het wat warmer :)

    Fijne avond nog !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...