Quote of the day

In the rhythm of the needles

there is music for the soul.


Breiclub in Oostende : om de 2 weken de zaterdag van 10 u - 12.30 u in de bieb



maandag 13 juli 2015

Marie Suarez

Sometimes I need a change from knitting and crochet.  Once a year, I find myself craving for a little embroidery work.
So, when I discoverd the lovely shop 'het gaerehuys' in Ghent, I couldn't resist buying a kit.
It is from 'le chat dans l'aiguille', and they have wonderful patterns.


I could spend hours in this shop...





this little basket is called 'Summer'

a lot of different stiches and colours


So - still in emboidery-modus - when I read about a workshop patchwork & embroidery near my hometown, I quickly enrolled.
The teacher was Marie Suarez, a Spanish wonderwoman who makes the most exquisite designs.


It was just perfect.  We learned a lot of new techniques, stitches and tips&tricks to get a professional result.
This is it , after 2 days of 'hard' work.

working with felt & jeffitex

all 4 sides have different emboidery

would be nice for easter eggs too, in yellow/purple...


For more inspiration, I bought her delightful book filled with little embroidery projects.



Many thanks to Sophie Van Driessche and Patchwork Atelier Varsenare, for organising this wonderful and inspirational workshop, the great lunch in the garden and the homebaked cakes.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...